White paper go GREEN 2022
Heat records, forest fires, dried-up rivers and lakes – climate change caused by greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can no longer be ignored. In Germany, industry is responsible for around one-fifth of GHG emissions.
In order to positively counteract climate change, corporations as well as small and medium-sized enterprises must make their business processes climate-neutral. All business activities along the value stream need to produce as few greenhouse gases as possible.
Current surveys conducted by Staufen AG among companies in the automotive industry and in mechanical and plant engineering show that many are still at the very beginning of the transformation.
The Staufen go GREEN approach at a glance
At Staufen, we are convinced that inside every company, there is an even better and, above all, even greener one. That is why we developed the goGREEN model to drive green transformation while ensuring the competitiveness and future viability of companies.
The goGREEN model encompasses both CO2 balancing and defining suitable levers to reduce emissions, become climate-neutral and remain competitive.
the key learnings
- Many companies in the plant and mechanical engineering sector as well as the automotive industry are still at the start of the green transformation. There is often a lack of a green strategy or its consistent implementation.
- Companies must quickly initiate a climate-neutral transformation. The pressure to act is increasing due to legal requirements and rising expectations from customers, investors and employees.
- Sustainability ensures a company’s long-term profitability. The first step in the green transformation is to create transparency about your own carbon footprint.
- The goGREEN approach from Staufen enables companies to produce in a climate-neutral manner in 5 steps. Using long-proven lean methods, companies can prevent, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions throughout the value stream network.
- The most suitable methods include green value stream mapping, energy consulting, supply chain management analysis and product development
Staufen supports you in the green transformation
Wonder how you can smoothly transition into a CO2-neutral company? With our goGREEN approach, we support you in a practical, goal-oriented and pragmatic manner. By focusing lean methods on greenhouse gas emissions in the company, we help you increase productivity while reducing your carbon footprint.
REQUEST THE white paper NOW AS A DIGITAL OR PRINT VERSION
more about this topic
Study Green Transformation 2021
There’s no more hesitating when it comes to the green transformation – a harsh realization the industry has had to come to terms with. Companies like to believe they’re at an advantage over other industries. Yet, despite their marked success, the following still remains true: the automotive industry is not going to evolve into an exemplary green industry overnight. It’s a long – and, to a degree, also very arduous – process. However, increasingly stringent requirements and growing societal pressure have set a process in motion that is gradually but surely accelerating.Read more